The South Boston Leadership Initiative is now accepting applications for those wishing to participate in this year’s Boston to Belfast Youth Empowerment Program. This unique, specialized program is in collaboration with the South Boston Neighborhood House and South Boston Youth Hockey, and will mainly include a weeklong trip to Belfast, Northern Ireland during the week of Thanksgiving 2018.
For more specifics, please see the following: 2018 Boston to Belfast Fact Sheet
Requirements for all applicants:
- MUST be registered USA Hockey players.
- A current and valid US passport is needed for selection.
- Youth are expected to participate in pre-trip team building exercises, as well as educational, leadership development, and life-skills workshops which will be held periodically from September thru November.
- Youth are expected to attend a post-trip celebratory gathering in December, which their families will also be invited to attend.
- Youth are expected to participate in a community-builiding/social action group project in December.
- There will be a non-refundable fee ($125) for any youth who agrees to join the program upon acceptance. It is not required to apply.
- Any male or female between the ages of 13 and 15 are welcome to apply.
- Preference for selection will be given to current members of South Boston Youth Hockey.
To download the application, please click here: Boston to Belfast Application. Once the application is complete, please return to this page and submit the form below, where you’ll also be able to upload the completed application. Space is limited. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN MONDAY SEPTEMBER 10TH.